The base of this eggplant bruschetta is sliced eggplant without bread. Thinly sliced eggplant roasted to perfection in the oven and topped with loads of tomatoes and basil. Definitely a healthier and lighter alternative to the traditional bruschetta.
Easy to prepare and the perfect low carb, gluten-free appetizer or snack. Enjoy eggplant bruschetta in the summer, fall, winter or for any event you might be hosting. Hint – Super Bowl party.
Make this easy and delicious eggplant bruschetta to enjoy this weekend and other times throughout the year.
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons oil olive
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chiffonade
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large eggplant, washed & cut into ½” rounds
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large glass bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice and fresh basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside until eggplant is ready.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Sprinkle sliced eggplants with salt. Let sit for ½ hour to draw the water out of the eggplant.
- After a half an hour has passed, dab the eggplant dry and arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the eggplant slices with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and spring with ground pepper.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 10-15 minutes or until the eggplant is fork tender but not too soft.
- Remove the eggplant from oven set aside to cool on a plate.
- Top each with tomato and basil mixture and serve.