I don’t know about you , but I find summertime cooking to be inspiring by the rainbow of colorful produce at the market. This quinoa salad is so flavorful, full of protein, crunchy vegetables and of course a zesty mediterranean vinaigrette dressing.
I made this delicious quinoa salad for some friends while in Corsica on vacation a couple of years ago. It was a hit with the young and old leaving the salad bowl completely clean. A friend of mine back home who tasted it said: “This quinoa salad is so cool and refreshing you may want to turn the air conditioning off when you eat it”. I agree with him on the cool and refreshing part (LOL).
I also must confess – it is one of my favorite salads, since it takes so little time to make and so versatile. I use the freshest vegetables that happen to catch my eye at the market. So you too, can let this season’s colorful produce inspire you in your kitchen.
A super easy side dish or a meal on it’s own; this quinoa salad is not only cool, refreshing but also healthy and satisfying.
- 1 cup of cooked Quinoa
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4-6 baby multicolor peppers chopped ( I used red and yellow)
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 4 tablespoons (or more if desired) fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 -2 lemons, juiced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Quinoa - Cook 1 cup of Quinoa in 2 cups of water or broth as per package directions.
- Dressing - in a small bowl, combine crushed garlic clove, salt and pepper and lemon juice. Whisk the olive oil a bit at a time until well blended.
- Place cooked Quinoa in a large salad bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss in garlic, lemon dressing.