These creamy white beans, crunchy cucumbers, juicy cherry tomatoes and fresh parsley flavored with a lemon, garlic and olive oil dressing are the perfect accompaniment to any main course.
This tasty White Bean Salad is fresh, bright and a good source of protein. It’s so easy to make and can be put together at the last minute. The parsley in this dish can be changed to complement any main course.
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ small sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced + zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine the beans in a large bowl with the cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, onions and fresh parsley leaves.
- In a small glass bowl, add the crushed garlic and whisk together with lemon juice and lemon zest. While whisking, add the oil little at a time to make an emulsion. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Serve.