I know it can be intimidating to make lamb chops if you have not before today. And I say “before today”, because I am about to show you that you can make delicious lamb chops in your own kitchen. First, I’d like you to know that over the years, I have eaten lamb prepared by my mother in so many ways and they were all mouth watering goodness. Some of my mother’s lamb dishes were a lot of work but in the end it was well worth it. My lamb chop recipe is very simple and quick.
I like to marinate my lamb chops overnight in garlic, fresh thyme, sage, lemon juice and olive oil, for a more intense flavor. You can certainly marinate them for as little as 2 hours at room temperature. But remember the longer they sit in the marinade the tastier they will be. I then take them out of the fridge and let them reach room temperature before broiling them for 3-4 minutes for medium doneness. That’s it!!! See, I know you can do it.
One small but very important thing to keep in mind – Don’t leave the oven unattended, because the lamb chops cook rather quickly.
So don’t wait for a celebration to make these juicy, tender and flavorful lamb chops. Follow my recipe and start and enjoying them 😉
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme, chopped
- 1-2 sprigs of sage, chopped
- 1 lemon (zest+ juice)
- 1 teaspoon salt & a few turns of fresh cracked pepper
- 4 Lamb rib chops
- Combine the oil, garlic, thyme, sage, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large glass dish.
- Add the lamb chops and coat well with the garlic, herb lemon mixture.
- Let marinate for at least 8 hours but preferably overnight in the fridge (for a more intense flavor)
- Remove lamb chops from the fridge and allow to reach room temperature before broiling.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Arrange the lamb chops on a broiling pan.
- Broil about 3-4 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and serve with mashed sweet potatoes, or roasted vegetables risotto.