For a healthy weeknight chicken dinner skip the fried chicken carry-out and make my baked garlic, butter and herbs chicken. It’s a quick and easy recipe made with everyday ingredients. All you need is chicken, garlic, butter, chicken broth, Italian breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and oregano. I usually have in my freezer boneless skinless chicken breast but you can make it with whatever chicken parts you like. The result is a tender, juicy and flavorful chicken dinner.
It’s perfect served with mashed potatoes (with a drizzle of the garlic, butter and broth from the pan), Italian green beans with a vinaigrette dressing or your favorite salad.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 large garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chicken broth, warm
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the crushed garlic, butter and warm chicken broth in a bowl. The warm broth will melt the butter.
- In a shallow bowl combine the breadcrumbs and oregano.
- Dip the chicken breast in the garlic, butter, chicken broth mixture then coat with the breadcrumbs mixture pressing firmly so the crumbs adhere evenly to both sides of each breast.
- Place coated chicken breast in the glass baking dish.
- Pour into the baking dish the remaining garlic, butter, chicken broth mixture around the chicken breasts. Discard any remaining breadcrumbs mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 28-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with mashed potatoes, or your favorite salad.