So it’s Friday night and all I really want is something quick, simple, flavorful, light and healthy for dinner. Baked salmon crusted with oregano, basil, garlic andfresh ground pepper with lemon zest and squeezed lemon juice. So easy and it really takes 15 minutes at most to cook. It does truly go with just about anything from roasted veggies, salad, rice or even pasta. I found some leftover rice salad in my fridge to go with my lemon-herb salmon. I guess, I’m in luck, dinner will be ready that much quicker.
All I need is one pan, healthy cuts of salmon, olive oil, lemon, herbs and bake. That simple! Can it get any easier than that?
The key to moist and flavorful salmon is by brushing the salmon with olive oil and baking it with the skin side down. Ok, wait, I didn’t say to eat the skin and no, it doesn’t make it taste fishy. The skin holds omega-3 fatty acids. Those are the good fats that are necessary for brain functions. Seriously!!!
Now with that out of the way, let’s get to the second best part – preparing the salmon fillets. As I was saying, place the salmon skin side down on an aluminum foil covered pan and drizzle lemon juice on the fillets and brush them with olive oil. Let’s make these fillets taste so good by rubbing them oregano, basil, garlic powder, freshly ground pepper and salt and lemon zest. That’s all I had to do and it’ll be ready to eat that quick.
The moist salmon, the rice salad, the ease, the flavors in this healthy meal is so incredible. The best part- I only have one pan to clean and dinner was ready in no time at all.
- 1 lb. salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lemon, zest
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Place the salmon fillets skin side down on the baking pan drizzle lemon juice on the fillets and brush them with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the oregano, basil, salt, black pepper and garlic.
- Rub the salmon with herb mixture followed by lemon zest.
- Bake salmon in oven for approximately 10-15 minutes or until lightly brown on top and opaque (cooked) all the way through.
- Remove from oven and serve with your favorite salad or roasted vegetables.