These homemade pita chips are baked not fried and only take a few minutes to make. They pair well with any dip or spread. I love the crunchiness of pita chips with the creamy taste of hummus. I also like adding pita chips to salads and soups. So many possibilities for these crunchy little bites. Pita chips may be seasoned with only salt and pepper or with herbs.
Here’s a step-by-step demonstration of my crunchy and tasty pita chips.
- 3 loaves Pita bread, cut into 8 triangles/wedges each
- 2 - 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, or seasoning of your choice (optional)
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- Place pita triangles on a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil.
- Brush pita triangles with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, black pepper (seasoning of your choice).
- Sprinkle combined seasoning onto pita triangles.
- Bake until golden for about 10 minutes. Cool completely and store covered for 3-4 days.