Looking for a quick last minute snack idea for your Super Bowl party? Let me share with you my favorite go to quick and tasty snack that will have your guests cheering for more. Hummus is considered to be an ancient food popular in Middle Eastern cuisine and has made its way around the globe. Hummus is a purée made from canned chickpeas, tahini, garlic, salt and lemon juice. Super quick to make and ready in 5 minutes.
Hummus has a wonderful creamy texture with a slight tangy taste. You can serve it as a dip with fresh vegetables or any kind of chips. Hummus can also be served as a spread, side dish or appetizer.
It doesn’t have to be the Super Bowl to enjoy this delicious traditional hummus recipe.
Here’s a step-by-step demonstration of my Hummus recipe
- 1 (28 oz) can chickpeas, garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 and ½ lemons juiced
- 1-3 tablespoons water (if needed to thin mixture)
- ½ teaspoon smoked or regular paprika
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil, garnish
- spring fresh mint leaves, garnish
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, garlic, salt, tahini, lemon juice, and process until smooth. If mixture is too thick add water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Spoon hummus into a deep serving dish and with the back of a tablespoon, form a deep well to pour the olive oil into it.
- Sprinkle the paprika around the outer edge and garnish the center with a sprig of mint leaves.